The Insight website is brought to you by TV Entertainment Reality Network B.V. (“TERN”), a company registered in the Netherlands with company registration number 61267252, with place of business at Hullenbergweg 413, 5th Floor, 1101 CS, Amsterdam Zuidoost, the Netherlands. References made herein to Insight are references to TERN.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA:
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Insight collects certain personal data relating to you in the event you:
- Contact us in person, by telephone, letter, email or via our website;
- Supply a curriculum vitae or application form;
- Submit any other information in connection with a contact request or an application;
- Complete an admission test (if applicable), the results of such tests.
In some cases, Insight collects personal data about you from third parties. For example:
- When you submit an application via LinkedIn, or any other relevant job boards, in which case Insight may collect personal data that is being made publicly available by you;
- When Insight receives your application via a third-party recruitment service provider;
- When Insight contacts your references;
- When Insight receives results of enquiries of your former employers, former work colleagues, professional associations, registration bodies or the like;
- When Insight receives performance feedback of a third-party service provider in relation to an assessment or other test.
Personal data you may provide us or that Insight otherwise collects, could include your name, address, including postal code, e-mail address, telephone number, identification documentation, work permit information, information contained in your curriculum vitae or other documents provided to us in connection with an application to a position.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- To identify applicants: in order for Insight to assess your application, it needs to process personal data to identify you, such personal data includes your name, country of residence and contact details.
- To consider your application: in order for Insight to determine if you are a suitable candidate for a position, Insight will use the information you have provided us, such as your name, address, contact details and any other information contained in your cv and other documents provided in connection with an application.
- To consider you for another job opportunity: should Insight have another job opportunity that may be of interest to you, Insight will use your personal data to contact you to determine if you are interested in such position.
- Contacting you regarding your application: in order to inform you whether we wish to continue with the application process, Insight will need to use certain information you have provided us, such as your name and contact details.
- Answering your questions: in order for Insight to answer any questions you may have in relation to a job or business opportunity, Insight needs to use your contact information, such as your name, e-mail address and/or telephone number.
- Making general improvements to the Site: we wish to provide you a pleasant experience in using the Site. For this purpose, we use information we collect automatically to analyze how you use the Site and how we could make improvements for you.
Insight processes your personal data on the following legal grounds.
Insight relies on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which Insight collects and processes your personal data. Insight’s legitimate interests are the following:
- The recruitment of staff for Insight’s business (purposes: A, B, C, D and E);
- The improvement of its site (purpose: F); and
- Maintaining Insight’s rights (purpose: G).
Notwithstanding the above, where consent is specifically required, Insight will seek your consent prior to such processing of your personal data. This may include you consenting to Insight retaining your personal data for a longer period of time or a transfer of your personal data outside the EEA. Insight may also seek your consent for contacting you concerning queries submitted by you via our website.
Insight does not sell, trade or rent out your personal data to third parties. However, Insight may share your personal data with its employees, contractors, consultants and other parties (including other members of its group companies and Service Providers) who require such information to assist Insight with all matters pertaining to the purposes set forth hereinabove, including parties that provide products or services to us or on our behalf.
Further, your personal information may be disclosed:
- As required by applicable law or regulatory requirements. In such case, Insight endeavors to not disclose more personal data than strictly required given the circumstance;
- As required for Insight to assess your application;
- To comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- To protect the rights and property of Insight;
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of people;
- Where the personal data is publicly available; or
- With your consent, where such consent is required by law.
TRANSFER OUTSIDE EEA
Insight does not intend to transfer your personal data outside of the EEA. However, should any such transfer outside of the EEA be unavoidable, Insight shall: i) seek your prior consent if required by law; and ii) ensure that your personal data will only be transferred in accordance with the principles of the GDPR (as provided in articles 44-50 GDPR) , including by means of concluding Standard Contractual Clauses (as published by the European Commission and amended from time-to-time) with the party located in the non-EEA country.
You always have the right to request access to, and rectification, erasure or restriction of processing your personal data. Should you have any such request, please contact us at: email@example.com. Insight will review any such request and endeavors to inform you of its decision within 14 days following your request. Insight will refuse a request only if it has legitimate reason(s) to do so.
Do note that Insight’s ability to determine your suitability for a position may be affected by you exercising certain of the above described rights and if Insight is unable to process certain of your personal data, it may no longer be able to consider you for the position that you have applied to.
You always have the right to file a complaint, in relation to the processing of your personal data by Insight, with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl).
Insight acknowledges your trust and is committed to protecting your personal data. The Site has appropriate technical and organizational measures in place for the protection of the security (including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration or damage, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data), confidentiality and integrity of personal data, in accordance with high industry practice.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Applicants: Insight will retain your personal data until the job opening is filled and for a period of no more than one (1) month thereafter, unless you have opted in for Insight to retain your personal data for a longer period. Insight may also seek your consent for retaining your personal data for a period of twelve (12) months from the time the job opening is filled.
Other: Unless there are lawful grounds for Insight to retain your personal data for a longer period of time, Insight will retain your personal data no longer than twelve (12) months from the moment the personal data is collected.
This Site is designed for use by adult natural persons and is not in any way targeted or intended for use by natural persons under the age of eighteen years. Minors should always use and access the Site under supervision, or with permission, of their parents or authorized representatives. As such, Insight will not knowingly collect or maintain data from children.
Cookies are small text files which, depending on your browser settings, may be automatically stored on your device’s hard drive when your Web browser accesses a specific Web page. Cookies provide us information about your browser and its version, the date and the duration of your visit. You may not be able to use certain aspects of the Site or your use of the Site may be less than optimal if your browser is set to reject cookies. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. The types of cookies we use, are divided in the following general categories:
These cookies are required to facilitate our website. This includes, but is not limited to, cookies we or our Service Provider uses to authenticate users on our website. By disabling these cookies, you may not be able use all functionalities of the Site.
These non-essential cookies help in providing you an enhanced use of our website. These cookies collect non-personalized data of the use the Site, which helps us to learn how we can optimize the Site. By disabling these cookies, you may be unable to use certain aspects of the Site and certain functionalities may not be available for your use.
These cookies may be used by Insight or its service providers to personalize the advertising on our website. The cookies are used for “Interest-Based Advertising”. Disabling these cookies will not limit your use of the Site.
If you would like to deny the storage of cookies on your device, you can disable the storage of cookies in your browser settings. Please find more information on www.aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Site and some parts of our Service and functionalities may not work.
The Site may contain links to other websites, provided solely as a convenience to you. You are under no obligation to use any of these links, however, should you elect to do so, please be aware that third party websites have separate content, privacy and data collection policies. Insight accepts no responsibility whatsoever for these independent policies.
This Policy has been updated on 19 November 2019.